Wednesday, June 19, 2013

June 14, 2013

After we went to the school yesterday we ran back to the resort to switch our shirts and we went to the work site for lunch. We invited the whole neighborhood over for a hot dog barbecue and handed out books and hygiene kits. They had the taco guys come for the Interact kids, but they had fish tacos. Nasty! So I had a hot dog bun and then I saw that they had some refried beans so I asked for tortillas and I asked for two but I got four, so I filled two up with beans and I just ate the other two because they were so delicious. I helped give out a few hot dogs which was cool. When we got back to the resort Beth Anne and I wanted to go lay in the sun so we were going to go lay next to the pool, but Beth Anne remembered that over in the other section by the pools there were hammocks. So we went over there and layed in them and read our books. I was just laying there happily, reading my book when some guy came over and he was smoking a cigar. I was like come on dude, NASTY!! So I woke up Beth Anne and we went over to our pools and layed by them. I got a little bit burnt on my thighs and chest, but I was so excited to have some color. Right now it looks like its nicely turning into a tan (a very light barely noticeable tan). When we got back into the room I sat on the coach and watched A-Team. Love that movie. We went to dinner at a place that I think was called Mare Blu (because we went to lunch at a place called Mare Blu and Christy said that it was the same name) and the food was super delicious! We got mini enchiladas and chicken and rice and tostadas. Yummy yummy. I tried some horchata and I didn't like it so I just got limonade. We sat and talked for a while and I got on facebook and talked with my mom for a little bit. We brought America and her family and their kids with us to dinner and at one point we had all four of the quadruplets with us at our table. For a while I was holding Valentina. They pierced all of their ears and they wear different colored earrings to tell them apart. I posted a picture of Beth Anne and I sitting at dinner.  When we got back I had to pack up because we had to take all of our bags to the bus this morning. Woke up at 6:00 this morning because we had to be down at the buses at 7:00 and leave at 7:30. So I took my stuff to the bus and then I went down to the beach to grab some sand for Ginny and take a few pictures. Then we went to the work site on last time to take group pictures. After pictures we went to the gift house and while yellow team walked around looking in the house, we went throughout the neighborhood handing out hygiene kits and little toy cars. I was really really nervous about that part because I don't even like knocking on doors in my own neighborhood so I was really scared. It was okay though. WE went back to the gift house and looked around and I found all of the things that the Turner family donated which was a colander, some body wash and a blanket for the girls room. They told us that we weren't going to be there when the family arrived, but we were! Before the family got there one of the leaders bought us all ice cream from a vendor. I got strawberry and it was in a little plastic tube thing. It was really good. When the family came Jared talked to us for a little bit and then the family told us how much they appreciated us. I think that was my favorite part. I started to tear up. It was so fun to wathc them when they went in. The best part was when the husband picked up his wife and carried her into their room. Being here really just helps remind you how fortunate we are. I was thinking it would have been funny to present the house Extreme Home Makeover style and have one of the buses pull in front of it (even though they'd already seen the house they just didn't know it was furnished). It was so so so so great! After that we hopped in the bus and headed over to the shopping center downtown on the point. It was kind of annoying because all of the vendors would be like, here come to my store, look inside, you want this, come here. Pretty annoying when everyone was doing it. We bough a few things and then we went to lunch. I got chicken fingers and fries. I talked with my mom a little. I had bought something for everyone in my family except for my dad and I needed her help in figuring out what to buy him. I ended up buying a Mexican blanket, a hat for Xander, a backpack, some earrings for my mom and a shirt for my dad and a bird hangy thing for the wall. Then I have the necklace to give to Tyson, a key chain and bracelet for Tori and a shirt for me that I got at the shacks and then the kinder chocolate and the boogie board. Before we got on the buses a poor girl on the yellow team tripped and she fell and broke her nose :( I'm so glad that I put in the work to come on this trip. It has been so amazing. I did a lot of hard work I also had lots of fun and made new friends now we are headed to phoenix and we are watching Wreck It Ralph and it looks like we are getting close to the border.


Last time at the work site

This picture just warms my heart

Look how happy they are

Shopping at Rocky Point

No comments:

Post a Comment